Saturday, May 11, 2013

Snow MAYhem 2013

This is a picture from last Thursday, May 2nd!!!
This was during a small break in the snow and wind.  I got over to the shed and got the sleds
back out for the kids.  Between Thursday and Friday we received 11 inches of snow!
School was cancelled on Thursday, which I told the kids I don't ever remember school being cancelled because of snow in May! 

I had planted 2 blueberries, 3 grapes, and a currant the week before this when temperatures were in the 70's.  It looks like they are all ok though, thank goodness.  It has warmed up again this week with temps 50-60's during the day and 40's at night.  Until tonight we have a frost warning and it is supposed to dip to 30'.  But after tonight the forecast does not have any temps below freezing.  So I am anxiously awaiting getting in the garden and planting, finally!!!   It has been really hard to wait so long but I guess I made the right decision. 

2 comments:

  1. We got that snow in Colorado too! Glad it's all gone :-) We may set a record high today - almost 90 degrees. Crazy weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Joan, it is soooo crazy. We hit a record high today at 99'!!!
    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete